Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Getting Ready




Here we are... getting ready for the big snow storm coming into OKC. People have been telling me that snow is coming so all I can think is, how will the dogs go out to pee?

Little dog does not love his snow booties... and they kept falling off. So, mission aborted- he can just pee inside (on the pad).

Then, I was warned about "freezing rain" that could cause powerage. Again, what the heck is "freezing" rain? So many new words to learn! They say it's not rain, not sleet, not snow- but it's rain that freezes BEFORE it gets close to the ground.... I guess.... very high risk of electrical line damage. Ohhh nooo.

So, one of the many super nice OK folks gave me list of things to pick up from Lowe's and Target from my way home from work last night-
  • "rock salt" (another new OK word- stuff that melts the ice on your driveway)
  • flashlight and batteries
  • water
  • food
  • candles
  • lighter/ matches














Now, I am ready! (I left the rest of the water and rock salt in the car- too heavy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment